Swebrick

För dig som hittat tillbaka till LEGO®. En mötesplats för vuxna entusiaster.
Huvudmeny

Brickset tävling - bygg ett bonsaiträd

Startat av Anders67, 02 januari 2021 kl. 13:00

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

Anders67

https://brickset.com/article/57084/competition-build-a-bonsai

CitatCompetition: Build a Bonsai
Posted by Huw, 02 Jan 2021 10:00

COMPETITIONS 11 COMMENTS
It's going to be a depressing couple of months, here in the UK at least, so to help take your mind off things, we're launching our first building competition of the year today!

As you probably noticed, I had great fun altering my 10281 Bonsai Tree this week, and we want you to do so too.

So, we want you to do one of two things: either modify 10281 Bonsai Tree, or come up with your own bonsai, complete with pot, tree and foliage.

We'll be awarding prizes in both categories and the prize pool will include Brickset minifigures and bricks, and goats!

Find out more after the break...

In the first category, modify 10281 Bonsai Tree, we'll be awarding prizes for:

The most aesthetically pleasing tree
The best 'nice parts usage'
In the second category, build your own, we'll be awarding prizes for:

The most aesthetically pleasing combination of pot, tree and foliage
The best 'nice parts usage'
Will your entry be inspired by a particular tree, like the acer above that I built yesterday, or something weird and whacky? Does it bear some strange fruit, or is it home to some fearsome creatures? The set uses frogs, one of my trees used goats. What weird and wonderful LEGO elements will you use in yours? Anything goes!

Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
As stated above, plus
Adherence to the rules below
We won't be judging your photographic skills, but we suggest that you make an effort to present your models as well as you can, because first impressions count when we are looking through the galleries of entries.

Rules:
If you build your own bonsai, it should be life-size
If you modify the official set, your entry should still be recognisable as it, but you can change the pot and soil beads should you wish
Your entries must be your own work, and new and unseen prior to this competition.
You may submit multiple entries
Virtual creations in LDD, stud.io and other CAD program are permitted
How to enter:
You can submit your entries in two ways:

Upload a maximum of two images of your entry to the Brickset Flickr group set up for this competition
Post your entry on Instagram using the tag #BricksetBonsaiCompetition.
Sorry, we can't accept entries by email this time because it increases the amount of work needed to prepare for judging considerably, and we found that last time we did so, it encouraged a high number of low quality entries.

Prizes:
First prize in each category: Four goats, Brickset printed items, first choice from our stock of 2020 gift with purchase sets (40409, 40410, 40412, 40413), and whatever other LEGO goodies I can fit in the shipping box.
Second prize in each category: Two goats, Brickset printed items, second choice from our stock of 2020 gift with purchase sets (40409, 40410, 40412, 40413), and whatever other LEGO goodies I can fit in the shipping box.
Other information:
Please do not include any references to sex, drugs, alcohol etc. in your entry
Custom and non-LEGO components are not permitted
Please upload your entries by 23:59 GMT on Sunday 31st January 2021
The winners will be announced shortly after
The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
Please ask any questions you might have in the comments, and we shall answer.

Good luck -- we look forward to seeing what you come up with!

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.